Terms & Conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to the online store located at protea-impex.myshopify.com, which is owned and operated by Protea Impex (Pty) Ltd. trading as Smooth Vines.
- By visiting our website, you agree to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you may not access the website or transact with us.
- Alcoholic products are not for sale to persons under the age of 18 years. Only persons aged 18 years and over, who are legally entitled to do so, are permitted to place orders on our website. By ordering products from us, you declare that you are above the age of 18 years and therefore at the legal age to purchase alcohol within the Republic of South Africa.
- You will be liable for the costs of delivering of products to you. During the check-out process you will have the opportunity to see the delivery fee.
- We take reasonable steps to control the temperature of goods, but once delivered to you, you take over responsibility.
- You must make payment via credit card or EFT (electronic funds transfer) before your order will be placed. We do not accept COD (cash on delivery) orders.
- Products and pricing on our website is only valid while stocks last and is subject to availability. While we check our stock levels, we cannot guarantee that a product will be available.
- We will not be responsible to provide a product at an expired price or where the product concerned is no longer in stock or available. If you order a product on and that product is no longer available after payment, we will notify you and you will be entitled to a refund of any amount already paid for such products.
- The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Actual products may differ from the description/depiction on our website.
- Orders will be shipped only once we have received payment in full.
- We do not delivery to post box addresses. You must ensure that someone is available at the delivery address during business hours to receive the delivery.
- You are responsible for checking that you provide us with the correct delivery address. You will be liable for any additional costs if you provide an incorrect delivery address.
- When your order is being delivered, you will be required to provide proof of identity. The recipient must be older than 18 years.
- We strive to deliver through our couriers within a maximum of 10 business days, but delays can be caused due to various factors outside our control. We will notify you about delays.
- Ownership of products will pass to you once you have made full payment of the order. The risk of loss of or damage to the products will pass to you once the products have been collected by the courier in order to be delivered to you.
RETURNS AND REFUNDS
- We will only accept returns if: (i) you can prove that the relevant products were received by you in a defective or damaged condition; or (ii) applicable law allows you to return the product.
- If you wish to return a product, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and wait for us to communicate with you. Do not return a product until we have sent you a confirmation that it may be returned.
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging. To consider your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
- Products must be returned to us and not to the producer of the products.
- You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
- In order to return a product, you must pack it carefully following our instructions. You bear the responsibility of returning the product and the risk of loss of or damage to the product in the course of returning it to us.
- Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
- If your return is approved, then your refund will be processed and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment.
- If you have not received a refund yet, first check your bank account again. Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted. Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted. If you have done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at email@example.com.
WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY
- We make no warranties or representations in respect of products sold, unless the Consumer Protection Act (CPA) applies. If the CPA does apply, the warranties are limited to those set out in the CPA and are subject to the CPA’s provisions.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, we will not be liable for any damages, injury, loss, cost or expense suffered or incurred by consumers as a result of products sold by us.
- To the extent permitted by law, you indemnify and hold us and our officers, employees, agents and contractors harmless against all claims, liability, injury, losses, costs, expenses and penalties arising from or related to the products sold by us or the use of such products.
- We have 3 (three) different membership categories. Details of each category are displayed on our website.
- If you join our club, a recurring payment will be charged to your credit card every month on the date when your first payment was billed.
- You can cancel your membership at any time by providing us with 14 (fourteen) days’ written notice of cancellation. Notice must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may upgrade or downgrade your membership only once in every 12 (twelve) months.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit our Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below: